Google

Friday, November 16, 2007

Writers Showcase #1

My first real Writers Showcase comes from a writer I found on Associated Content. I was doing a search for local AC writers and G. Stolyarov II's name showed up. What drew me to his writing at first was his Clout Index, which was 100000 - 500000, one that was very impressive and one that was foretelling of their talent.

As I went through his writings, it did not take long to understand that this writer was from local Hillsdale College, a prestigious and well known secondary learning institution in the United States.

I find that it is very interesting and ingenious that the writer not only used his college work(I assume, forgive me if this is not the case.) for a grade, but also for an income. I applaud this author on his extensive set of writings, while some did not attract to much of my attention, some did and I enjoyed them immensely.

In his profile it states that "G. Stolyarov II is a science fiction novelist, independent essayist, poet, amateur mathematician, composer, contributor to Enter Stage Right, Le Quebecois Libre, Rebirth of Reason, the Ludwig von Mises Institute, The Liberal Institute, and The Rational Argumentator."

I have listed a variety of his writings below from AC and you can find the rest listed in his profile.

Big Government Breeds Vice: Perverse Incentives of the Welfare State

Criminality and Forfeiture of Rights

A Plan for Cutting Big Government Spending

An Analysis of the Ideas of Fred Thompson

The History of Early Military Airplanes

I hope you have enjoyed these writings and essays, if so please visit G. Stolyarov II's profile where there is plenty more!

Till next time.....

No comments: